The film concept developed by Wipak for Hans Kupfer & Sohn is a new system for cheese, sausage and meat packaging. It uses a rigid film based on polyester (350 μm). The film is formed using a thermoforming machine, filled and then closed. The food products are in two separate chambers, closed under inert gas atmosphere. They are sealed using an easy opening film and, thanks to a perforation, they can easily be detached. The folding mechanism with a click function provides a pocketbook-like format.
This packaging concept offers five benefits when compared to conventional, thermoforming packages in this segment:
1. The separate chambers (with best before dates printed on each chamber) offer extended consumption pleasure. While one chamber has been opened, the second still remains closed and the protective atmosphere remains fully functional.
2. This package helps to reduce food waste and to protect resources.
3. With its large opening tabs, the peelable lidding film is easy to grab and to open for both right handers and left handers.
4. Thanks to the folding mechanism with click function, the food product can be presented in a space-saving way.
5. Full-bleed printing provides a uniform appearance, and in combination with selected brand colors, allows consumers to quickly identify the product in the shelf.